Friday, 1 February 2013

Bloody Tarantino !

Django Unchained.

I saw this film last night. There are some horrific scenes and buckets of blood but much hilarity too (the Klu Klux Klan scene as well as the demise of De Caprio's sister had me chuckling out loud.) The acting is fantastic and the film takes more twists and turns than a drunken mountain goat.

Unlike the classic Pulp Fiction, this is not a film I that I could watch over and over and it is a bit too long. For all that it's brilliant and you can wait until it's release on DVD if you can't find the time to see it at the cinema. I don't think that it will lose anything on the small screen.

(Life of Pi MUST be seen in 3D)

Here's a tribute to Tarantino's talent. This - unfortunately- is the best version of the Womens' Institute adaptation of Reservoir Dogs that I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRb5BjWaKZ4

8 comments:

apricotfox said...

I plan to go and see it at the Picturehouse. LOVED Inglorious Basterds..

Electro-Kevin said...

I have yet to see IB. I've seen the original which is absolutely dreadful.

You will enjoy the latest film - it's all it's been cracked up to be. It could have been shorter but then what scene would I have cut to make it so ?

Well none of them really !

Anonymous said...

He is a poorly educated, slightly mad and incredibly talented Artist.

Tarantino's best works have focussed on intense personal relationships, where the settings may be all but irrelevant.

Thud said...

Jamie fox dislikes white people, I'm happy not to pay to see him in films as he no doubt would not appreciate my money or my company...result...happiness on both sides.

lilith said...

Ah but Thud he concedes that Tarantino, Eminem and Elvis are all artists that are nearly as good as black artists.

(He really does a good job in the part.)

Electro-Kevin said...

Anon - Based on his personal relationships ? I'd decline and invite to one of his parties then.

Thud - I didn't know that about Fox. Imagine a white film star declaring suchlike ? He'd never work again.

Lilith - I've yet to see a film by a black director so I don't know by what measure Tarantino.

beast said...

Racism is wrong !
Unless it's directed at the Jockanese
I hate niggers who think that they are equal just because we have taught them how to wear shoes
Its a fucked up world

Electro-Kevin said...

I think the President of the USA might haves some issue with you on that one, Beast. As will the future PM of the UK. (Set to challenge David Cameron.)

Adam Afriyie PM - John Sentamu Archbishop.

Both would be a vast improvement as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps they'd have something to teach us.